UPSC Interview Dress Code: Before deep-diving into the dress code for UPSC, let’s learn what exactly is UPSC exam? And what are the posts that come under the UPSC civil services? The UPSC civil services examination CSE is one of the exams that are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit candidates for Civil services such as IPS, IAS, IFS, and other services.
The Civil services exam is conducted in three phases namely: UPSC prelims, Mains, and the Interview. The first phase of UPSC prelims includes a screening test, this is an easy and scoring part of the examination. However, the scores of Prelims are not calculated in the final merit of UPSC. But it is very essential to clear the Prelims to qualify for the next phase of the examination.
The question type in Prelims is objective type and multiple-choice questions. Once you attempt the first part you will see confidence and motivation, this will help you in further exams and interviews.
The Mains paper is generally the descriptive type consisting of a total of 9 papers. The subjects are different for all the categories; the examiner will assess your literacy skills and writing skills in Mains paper. The clearer your answers are the more chance you get to score marks. If you are perfect with the subject but lack your presentation skills then you will have to face tough situations ahead.
To attempt the Civil Services exam you must qualify for every aspect of the eligibility criteria. We will discuss a few below:
- The minimum age limit of the candidate must be 21 years and the maximum age limit must be 32 years.
- The candidate must be a graduate from any known recognized university.
- He must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must clear the Civil service exam in the given 6 attempts.
Interview Process: UPSC Interview Dress Code
UPSC Interview Dress Code : Once the candidate clears the first two phases of the civil service exam he will be allotted a slot with a date and timings for the Interview process. This is the last and toughest part of cracking the UPSC exam. Panel members will be present for this phase that will assess your personality thoroughly. However, there are a few points that you need to remember before appearing for the Interview. We will discuss them in detail below:
- First and foremost, the candidate must wear neat and clean clothes; they must be well washed and ironed.
- The candidate must wear clothes that are a regular fit for his or her personality. They must not be too tight or too loose for fitting.
- Women candidates are required to opt for Indian formal clothing such as Saree. If in case the candidate is not comfortable or used to wearing a Saree then she can go for a regular fitting Shalwar suit.
- The color of the dress must be light and sober preferably cotton.
- The appearance must be pleasant and not bright or colorful.
- Apply minimal make-up; don’t go for too much bold makeup. The look must be professional yet simple.
- When choosing footwear, avoid wearing high and colorful heels. Opt for regular flats or medium heels that make no noise while walking.
- Coming to your hair, they must be neatly plated or braided, avoid keeping your hair open. They can become an unavoidable distraction during the interview.
- Men should wear light-colored formal clothing. A necktie is optional and is only for those who are comfortable wearing it on daily basis.
- The shirt must be simple and not dark-colored with fancy prints.
- Tucking in your shirt will always give a nice impression.
- Shoes must be well polished with dark-colored socks.
- Men should preferably keep short hair, but it is always your personal choice. Make sure long hair must not be a distraction and give an unprofessional impression.
- Women must avoid expensive and flashy necklaces, bangles, and earrings.
- The jewelry must be kept to a minimum.
- Don’t even consider wearing party wear clothes and jeans for the interview.
- Perfumes with mild fragrances are welcomed; avoid using strong and bold scents.
- Don’t go for flip-flops, sneakers, and chappals for the interview.
- Wearing a formal and simple watch will give a professional look for both males and females.
- You are allowed to carry a hanky and use it whenever required during the interview.
Well, once all the points are met and the panel members decide on the candidate selection on a particular date the results will be announced. Once you clear the UPSC civil service exam you will be given intense training according to the post given to you.
During the training period, candidates will be exposed to both on-site as well as practical training.
You Can Read Also: